The Building Permit must be visibly posted on the jobsite.
It is the Permit Holders responsibility to call for all inspections for each division. To schedule an inspection you may call the inspectors directly at the HLBA office (989) 422-3687 for building and plumbing/mechanical on Mondays & Wednesdays, and electrical on Tuesdays & Thursdays, between 8:00 am and 10:00 am.
1. Footing inspections are required when trenches are dug or forms are in place.
PRIOR TO CONCRETE BEING POURED.
2. Rough inspection is required when framing is complete, and AFTER plumbing, mechanical and electrical rough inspections are complete, and BEFORE insulation and drywall is installed.
3. Final inspection is required when the project is complete and AFTER plumbing, mechanical and electrical final inspections are completed. 4” house numbers visible from the road are required prior to final inspection. Additionally, if the house is more than 50’ from the road or if the house is not visible from the road 2” reflective house numbers are required at the drive of the house
PLUMBING & MECHANICAL
1. Underground inspection is required PRIOR to covering, if dirt or concrete will cover plumbing.
2. Rough inspection is required when pipes, heat runs through chimneys are run in the walls BEFORE drywall.
3. Final inspection is required when fixtures are set and operating.
1. Underground inspection is required PRIOR to covering.
2. Service inspection is required when service is completed and ready to hook up.
3. Rough inspection is required AFTER plumbing and mechanical roughs are approved. Wires need to be run, grounding connections complete BEFORE insulating or installing devices.
4. Final inspection is required AFTER plumbing and mechanical final inspections are approved and when the project is complete.
Upon Final Building inspection, if all permits have been obtained and final inspections approved, and all fees have been paid, a Certificate of Occupancy will be issued. This is your proof that the project has been completed.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
Miss Dig: 1-800-482-7171
Consumers Energy 1-989-366-4227
Well and Septic Permits: Health Dept 1-989-366-9166
Sewer Permits/ Houghton Lake Sewer Authority: 1-989-422-5811, Fax 1-989-422-3336
Soil Erosion Permits: 1-989-275-8323, Fax 1-989-275-5675
Driveway Permits/ Roscommon County Road Commission: 1-989-366-0333
Land Use Officers:
Denton: Rachel Barnes, (989) 366-5913, email@example.com
Roscommon: Rob Christian, (989) 422-4116, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lake: Kevin Rose, (989) 202-4736, email@example.com
Markey: Bob Rickard, (989) 366-9614, firstname.lastname@example.org
Backus: R. Tad Magruder (989)709-6080, email@example.com